Monday, March 20, 2017

Local music

Local music is one of those things that everybody says they are really into, but in reality, it’s quite hard to be always up to date on the best local bands. I am definitely someone who would say that I am into local music, but usually only if it is easily accessible through my smart phone. It just seems to take a lot of effort to stay up on the local stuff.

I don’t always put out the effort. I really should. I live close enough to the music venue-y parts of town that I could easily go to a lot of shows without too much effort. So, here’s my New Year’s resolution: go to one local show per month. Honestly, I probably won’t go to that many, but I’ll give it a try. See how it goes. I know that Omaha has an expansive local music scene. I just need to get into it a little.

What could possibly go wrong?

Also, I just missed out on tickets for Gregory Alan Isakov at the Slowdown here in Omaha on Thursday last week. So. That happened. Dammit. But I do have tickets to see At The Gates and Converge in April. So. Hooray.

 



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2mkjT9c

No comments:

Post a Comment